History of This Project:
- This Project had been commenced in September 2006 Under Red Hat Supervision.
- Primarily only 5 Indic Locales had been selected to proceed with.
- First development started with Codepoints of 5 Major Locales.
- Glyph Substitution(GSUB) and Glyph Positioning(GPOS) had been included in the subsequent development phases.
- 8 more Indic Languages had been covered under this project gradually.
- The task of showcasing total set of 13 Indic Locales with set of Codepoints, GSUB and GPOS presented for the first time within an year, July 2007.
- The huge database of Reference Images, had been programmatically cropped and given an unique name with its unicode value or combinations of unicode values.